Blizzard has announced the latest tournament in Overwatch League – the Summer Showdown will start on 13th June, with the qualifiers for the 2 x $275,000 total prize pool. The schedule for the first 2 days have been announced already:
This weekend, #OWL2020 is BACK 👏
And we're bringing the Summer Showdown with us 👀
— Overwatch League (@overwatchleague) June 8, 2020
The winnings will be divided as the following:
- Tournament champions—$50,000
- Second-place teams—$25,000
- Third- and fourth-place teams—$10,000
- Each tournament win per team—$5,000 (in addition to placement prizing)
The rules will be the following:
- Hero Pools are suspended for all tournament matches—all heroes will be available.
- Matches are first-to-three map wins until the finals, which will be first-to-four maps.
- Higher-seeded teams pick the first map.
- The losing team of each map picks the next map in the series.
- In case of draws, the team that picked the previous map picks again.
The teams competing are these:
- North America (13 teams): Atlanta Reign, Boston Uprising, Dallas Fuel, Florida Mayhem, Houston Outlaws, Los Angeles Gladiators, Los Angeles Valiant, Paris Eternal, Philadelphia Fusion, San Francisco Shock, Toronto Defiant, Vancouver Titans, and Washington Justice
- Asia (7 teams): Chengdu Hunters, Guangzhou Charge, Hangzhou Spark, London Spitfire, New York Excelsior, Shanghai Dragons, and Seoul Dynasty